Academic Management System
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University

Events of TANUVAS,CHENNAI

Responsive image Responsive image Register Responsive image Faculty Registration for Training

The seed for the establishment and growth of TANUVAS was sown as early as 1876, when the Madras Veterinary College was started as an Agricultural School in Chennai to offer diploma and certificate course in the field of veterinary and animal sciences. The institute attained the status of a college in the year 1903 (01.10.1903), when it started functioning at Dobbin Hall, Chennai and admitted 20 students for a three-year diploma course called GMVC (Graduate of Madras Veterinary College). Based on the recommendation of the Royal Commission on Agriculture, the college was upgraded to impart degree in veterinary science. Although the college was the fourth veterinary institution to be started in India, it was first veterinary college in the country to be affiliated to a university, the University of Madras in 1935 and the Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.) degree course was started in 1936. The University of Madras also recognized the college as a centre for postgraduate education. In 1969, the college was made as the Directorate of Veterinary Education and Research. More About AMS & TANUVAS, Chennai





AMS Version 2.0
Implemented Under NAHEP Component-II
Division of Computer Applications
ICAR-IASRI, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi - 110 012 (INDIA)


× HOME NAHEP CONTACT US